All images are copyright © 2016 Russ Martin. All rights reserved

Saturday, May 21, 2016

St John's Pieta Statue - Archive


I find many versions of Michelangelo's pieta statue in most of the churches I visit. St John's is truly unique with the old feel of the statuary and mural background. Amazingly this was taken with a Flip Phone. I was biking in the area and stopped to visit the church and found this wonderful window lit opportunity and could not pass it up. I used this picture as part of my Land of the Cross Tipped Churches photo show I had at the local library. I had some issues getting it printed.  The big box store was convinced that I had got this out of a magazine or book and refused to print it because of Copyright. I finally convinced them it was mine. It remains one of my favorite pictures of the Pieta statue. Click here to see the original post from my LCTC Photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment